Windfield International School seeks to inspire children to become global citizens through an inquiry-based learning environment of total immersion in multiple languages and cultures. We seek to incorporate the best of traditional values and Thai culture, with an engaging and forward-thinking programme that equips students for life and work in the 21st Century.
- Our Programme engages students in a holistic, challenging academic curriculum.
- Our inquiry-based approach nurtures curiosity, language fluency, and cultural intelligence.
- Our passionate, multicultural faculty and staff are dedicated to the needs of all students.
- Our vibrant and inclusive community is engaged and supportive.
- Our children take responsible action within and beyond our school community.
- Our graduates thrive in a diverse global environment.
- Our diverse language programme promotes intercultural awareness and aids 21st century learning skills (Communication).
By achieving the above, we strive to be the school of choice in Koh Samui.
CORE VALUES & GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- We belong to a world community and embrace its diversity.
- We are honest, respectful and take responsible action.
Language and Cultural Fluency
- We believe language immersion promotes cultural intelligence and curiosity.
Academic Excellence through Inquiry
- We think critically, challenge our own perspectives, and encourage collaboration.
- We confidently express our ideas and seek to understand those of others.
The Attributes of the Cambridge Learner
At WIS we will use and adapt the Cambridge Learner Attributes and embed them into our planning and rewards system.
Confident in working with information and ideas – their own and those of others
WIS students are confident, secure in their knowledge, unwilling to take things for granted and ready to take intellectual risks. They are keen to explore and evaluate ideas and arguments in a structured, critical and analytical way. They are able to communicate and defend views and opinions as well as respect those of others.
Responsible for themselves, responsive to and respectful of others
WIS students take ownership of their learning, set targets and insist on intellectual integrity. They are collaborative and supportive. They understand that their actions have impacts on others and on the environment. They appreciate the importance of culture, context and community.
Reflective as learners, developing their ability to learn
WIS students understand themselves as learners. They are concerned with the processes as well as the products of their learning and develop the awareness and strategies to be lifelong learners.
Innovative and equipped for new and future challenges
WIS students welcome new challenges and meet them resourcefully, creatively and imaginatively. They are capable of applying their knowledge and understanding to solve new and unfamiliar problems. They can adapt flexibly to new situations requiring new ways of thinking.
Engaged intellectually and socially, ready to make a difference
WIS students are alive with curiosity, embody a spirit of enquiry and want to dig more deeply. They are keen to learn new skills and are receptive to new ideas. They work well independently but also with others. They are equipped to participate constructively in society and the economy – locally, nationally and globally.
Windfield International School
At Windfield we will focus on the development of each child’s individual talents through a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Windfield focuses on the academic success and personal development of each child in a safe, natural environment. We believe that it is important to provide care and attention at all times.
Get In Touch
Soi Rungrote Tambon Maret, LAMAI, Surat Thani 84310
Telephone: +66 (0) 77 332 420
Email: [email protected]
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5 PM
Saturday – Sunday: Closed